- A jar or similar container
- Baby oil
- White paint
- Iridescent glitter
- Alka Seltzer
What to do
- Fill the jar ¾ of the way with baby oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix warm water with the white paint. Use enough water to fill the jar to the top.
- Pour the water/paint mixture into the jar. Add the glitter and wait for everything to settle at the bottom of the jar.
- Break an alka seltzer tablet into pieces. Drop a piece into the jar and watch the snowstorm! When the mixture starts to settle again, add more alka seltzer to keep the storm going.
Tip from the website: baby oil, glitter, and alka seltzer can all be found at the dollar store!
To read more about this activity, visit http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2013/12/snow-storm-in-jar_9.html.