- Plate or Shallow Bowl
- A Bottle of Purified Water
- A Carrot
- A Straw
- 2 small Googly Eyes or Sprinkles
- Put a bottle of water into the freezer flat and away from anything else for 2-2 ½ hours.
- Grab your plate and pour enough water on it to fill the surface. Then place your plate into the freezer until the water is completely frozen over.
- Cut the end off of a carrot to use it as a nose, and cut a straw into two small pieces to use as arms for your snowman.
- When your plate is frozen and your bottle of water has been in the freezer for 2 hours pull them both out, now your ready to make your snowman!
- Pour your water from the bottle on to your plate slowly to create instant snow! You can touch and shape your snow man using your fingers and by pouring more water on top as you go!
- Place your carrot on top of a pile of snow and pour more water on top to create a nose for your snowman.
- Then you can add your arms and eyes.
How does it happen?
- By putting the water bottle into the freezer to get it really cold, the water’s temperature really close to its natural freezing point. But, we didn’t leave the bottle in the freezer long enough to freeze so the water stayed in liquid form.
- When we poured our really cold water on to the plate, the coldness from the frozen water on the plate instantly freezes the water from the bottle. This creates the instant snow for our snowman!