- Tray (with high walls)
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Containers to hold coloured vinegar (ice cube trays work well)
- Pipettes or eye dropper
- Food colouring
What to do:
1. Fill the tray with baking soda. The amount of baking soda you need will depend on the size of the tray.
2. Fill the ice cube tray or your containers with vinegar. Add the food colouring so each cube or container is a different colour.
3. Next, fill the pipette or eye dropper with the vinegar in the colour of your choice and drop it into the baking soda. Watch what happens!
4. Now you can continue to explore with the other colours. What happens if you mix colours?
For more information and pictures, visit: http://buggyandbuddy.com/exploring-colors-with-baking-soda-and-vinegar/