Secret Letters Activity
- White Paper
- White Crayon
- Water Colour Paint
- A Paint Brush
- A Cup of Water for the Paint
- Write your secret message using the white crayon on your white paper. Make sure you press firmly when your writing your message. The writing should be very difficult to see on the paper.
- Then give your message to someone and get your paint ready. To see the secret message, put a lot of paint on your paint brush using the water and paint your piece of paper on the side you wrote your message on.
- As you paint, you will see your secret message appear!
- The crayon is made of wax, which resists water. When you paint with water colour paint on top of the white crayon, it makes the paper a different colour.
- Then you can see the white writing because the paint does not stick to the paper where the crayon is because the wax in the crayon resists the water.
For more information, and pictures, please visit https://busytoddler.com/2016/09/secret-letters-activity/