- Plastic gloves
- Permanent marker
- 5 cotton balls
- 5 seeds (they can be all different kinds, or all the same kind)
- A twist tie (from a loaf of bread)
What to do:
- Once you have chosen which seeds you want to grow, write the names of each seed on each finger of the glove.
- Wet the 5 cotton balls with water.
- Next, place the seeds on each of the cotton balls. The size of the seed will determine how many you can fit on the cotton ball. Bean seeds are quite large while carrot seeds are very small.
- Place each cotton ball with the seed on it into the designated finger.
- Carefully blow air into the glove and close it up using your twist tie.
- Hang your glove garden in a window that gets lots of sun and watch your seeds grow!
- You can take the seeds out of the glove and plant them outside in your garden once they have started to grow.
For more information and pictures, please visit: http://fullcirclegardener.blogspot.ca/2013/04/gardening-with-kids-garden-in-glove.html